publication date: Dec 19, 2011
author/source: Anne Coates
I love the week before Christmas
, seeing friends, carol concerts and wrapping presents
but it's easy to feel a bit overwhelmed
by all the preparations
There's still plenty of time
- First of all make a list of all the things you need to buy, do, make.
- Prioritise jobs in the house and delegate as much as you can if your children are old enough.
- Stock up your first aid box for any emergencies and make sure you have enough of any prescription medicines your family takes.
- Wrap presents in stages and don't leave everything until the last minute – it always takes longer than you allow for.
- Plan some daily activites for your children from a walk in the park to making biscuits or cakes.
- Play Christmas music to get you all in the mood.
- Watch a favourite film together – add some popcorn and it feels like a treat!
- Take some time out for yourself to relax – ten minutes mediation or a scented bath can work wonders.
- Prepare as much as you can in advance for Christmas day if you are entertaining at your house.
- Have a notebook and pen to hand on Christmas morning so you can keep a record of who gave what to whom which will be a great help for thank you letters!